Saturday, September 11, 2010

Role Model?

wow. wow. wOw!
Let me start at the start.

Discovery Girls Magazine, a magazine for girls between the ages of 9-13, recently hosted a contest to find thirty GIRL role models. Out of those thirty, the ten most voted for will win a trip to California, and a photo shoot for Discovery Girls.


Guess who's a finalist??


Me!

I'm excited because this gives me a chance to show that you don't have to have a license to drive, or have lots of money, or whatever, to make a difference in this world. As I have shared with you, I want my words to reach out and make change, good change. Here are thirty, (twenty nine?)girls who all try to do the same.


So, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, I am asking for your vote. It would be great to win, but if I didn't, that would be OK too. I just want to spread the word. What word? well, you'll have to figure THAT out for yourself...

Anyway, here is a link to the voting page :
http://discoverygirls.com/fun-stuff/contests/role-model?destination=fun-stuff%2Fcontests%2Frole-model



Yours until airplane food actually tastes good,
(Did I mention I just got back from a trip?)

Justina

4 comments:

  1. I voted for you. To bad you didn't win! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for you too and was extremely disappointed that you didn't win, because all the winners were people who did lots of charity work and started funds for people, and that's great in itself, but the people who make everyday girls feel good about themselves (you and a few others)are just as important to the world. Being self-confident encourages people to get out more and do more - including all this helpful charity work. Sorry, I'm ranting, aren't I? Anyways, I just wanted to say that you were one of my favorites and I hope you'll post something else soon.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind!